Highlights from the 16th International 3S Symposium
SPD: Strategies, Science and Success
Charlotte, North Carolina
October 25-26, 2013
14th International Symposium: Boston, Massachusetts
The SPD Foundation’s 14th International Symposium is now available online. No travel expenses … no time off from work. Just sit back and enjoy from the comfort of your home or office, day or night.
For over 30 years the SPD Foundation has been the leading organization in SPD research, education and advocacy, conducting symposia around the nation. Now, you too can attend one of our international symposia from the convenience of your own home!
Hear prominent researchers from prestigious universities and research centers present their latest findings in sensory processing and Sensory Processing Disorder.
What you will learn:
- Compelling evidence that SPD exists as a unique clinical entity
- Neuroimaging techniques revealing differences between SPD and ASD
- How SPD relates to other DSM diagnoses such as ASD and ADHD
- Sensory Processing Scales; the first examiner administered scale of sensory processing across all sensory domains
- Issues related to SPD in adults
- Event related potentials in response to sensory experiences in children with SPD, ASD and typically developing children
- Anatomy and neurobiological mechanisms that underlie atypical processing of sensory information
- Lucy Jane Miller, PhD, OTR, SPD Foundation
- Alice Carter, PhD, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- Shelly Lane, PhD, OTR, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Margaret Bauman, MD, Massachusetts General Hospital, The Laurie Center for Autism
This symposium is a must see for researchers, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, physical therapists, early intervention specialists, nurses, physicians and mental health professionals who want the latest research and evidence-based data on sensory processing.
Access to the symposium is available for Two(2) Weeks after purchase
Four presenters each day ● Most presentations just over 1 hour ● .4 AOTA CEUs per day
|Lucy Jane Miller, PhD, OTR||Sophie Molholm, PhD|
14th International Symposium Day 1[More Info] Extensions for viewing courses will be granted for an additional fee. The fee will be 20% of the regularly priced item. Example: Course #105 is $75. 20% of $75 is $15. So for an additional $15 you may extend your viewing time by an additional two weeks. Fill out and submit the contact form under the Contact Tab to extend your viewing time.
14th International Symposium Day 2[More Info] Extensions for viewing courses will be granted for an additional fee. The fee will be 20% of the regularly priced item. Example: Course #105 is $75. 20% of $75 is $15. So for an additional $15 you may extend your viewing time by an additional two weeks. Fill out and submit the contact form under the Contact Tab to extend your viewing time.